Thursday, September 30, 2010
Last weekend was International Scout Brigade- Re-inactment of War of 1812 in Canada
This brings together scouts from all over the USA and Canada to reenact the War of 1812 which was fought on the shores of Lake Ontario. The boys always look forward to this. Many make their own Muskets in the summer for this event.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
So this little gem came from a Favorite Blog By Sun and Candle light
Go take a peek at her answers, some are very similar to mine . . . no wonder I like her blog. Sometimes these are fun to do or read and today it did not require to much brain power. Sorry I have had some technical problems posting lately but am hoping that I have it all fixed.
1. What's your middle name?
It was Ann, now it's my maiden name. "T" now
2. What's your favorite magazine?
Hum- many . . . . Quilting Art, Living Crafts, Le Vie Clair
3. What are you wearing right now?
Pink t-shirt, Blue carpri, socks, sneakers -
4. What color are your bed sheets?
5. Who was your third grade teacher?
Mrs. Strother - still stay in touch
6. What is the weather like right now?
Overcast, clouds, scattered sun,typical fall here
7. Do you know how to ski?
yes- do not any more due to arm injury 20 years ago.
8. What was the last thing you drank?
9. Dream vacation?
In the States ~ Vermont Bed and Breakfast. Abroad ~ England/Finland, Italy
10. Favorite article of clothing?
For comfort overalls , Turtle neck ~ For style ~Black pants/ white & black print shirt
11. Do you prefer baking or cooking?
I like both, but I prefer baking.
12. Is your hair above or below your shoulders?
13. What drink do you order when out?
A glass of white wine. or Ice Tea/Water
14. What book are you reading?
15. What did you dream about last night?
16. What was the last movie you went to?
Hmm ...Toy Story 3 I think
17. Any injuries at the moment?
18. What color is your bathroom?
19. What's the state of your laundry right now?
Ugh, it's never ending. I have a huge pile to fold and a good size pile to throw in the wash, more to put away in everyone's rooms, it chases me.
20. Do you take vitamins?
hit and miss
21. Where do you love to shop?
Barnes & Noble, Michaels,Joanne Fabric, Christopher Banks, Wegmans
22. How often do you buy groceries?
Once a week at least. Usually a big shop on Monday and then a quick stop end of week
23. Do you have a pet/pets?
We have a 6 year old orange Cat named Oren, a 5 year old black and white cat named Sol, 5 year old yellow Lab named Edna, 3 fish, lots of wildlife
24. If you are married, when is your next anniversary?
We celebrated 22 years this month - 23 next early Sept. 2011
25. How do you take your coffee and/or tea?
I don't drink Coffee, Tea is usually just plain, maybe a little Maple Syrup
26. Mac or PC? Desktop or Laptop?
27. Favorite month of the year?
HUm- love them all
28. Do you have a hobby?
Where to begin . . .sewing, fibers, scrapbooking, cardmaking, painting . . . gardening,
29. What salad dressing do you prefer?
Blue cheese if I'm splurging, light balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
30. Live or fake Christmas tree?
We always go and cut our own.
31. Did you walk or take a bus to school?
Took a bus. Lived 20 miles from HS
32. Do you have any phobias?
I'm not so good with heights. Escalators - kind of- I am real slow with them- the kids tease me.
33. What's your favorite snack food?
Savory ~ Buttered popcorn, Pretzels. Sweet ~ York Peppermint Patties
34. When do you take your shower/bath?
First thing in the AM
35. What time did you get up this morning?
5:20 thanks to the Cat. 5;30 is natural these days.
36. What's your favorite animal?
37. Have you ever broken a bone?
Broken toe, ribs, Paetella- that is the kneecap, left radius- forearm bone, right ring proximal phalanx- finger bone
38. Do you wear makeup?
Not really, lipstick, maybe blush, eye if I am really going out
39. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Not really. Spanish- muy poco and some ASL
40. Have you ever played a sport?
Curling, Figure Skating
41. Your last UPS package contained ...
42. What's on your desktop?
43. What is your home page?
44. Extrovert or introvert?
Extrovert at work, Introvert out of work depending on who you talk to
45. Favorite board game?
I loved Clue and Trouble when I was a kid. I like Apples to Apples and Imagine If now.
46. What class did you like best in high school? In college?
Home Ec. and Art in HS My Core OT courses in college
47. What would you do with an extra hour each day?
Read or be creative in some way. Get my hands messy with paint or ink.
48. Do you have allergies?
just seasonal- grasses/weeds/pollen
49. Are your nails painted?
Fingers, no. Toes, yes.
50. Where are you right now?
Desk in Kitchen
Friday, September 17, 2010
Printmaking using the Sun to create one of a kind cloth.
This is my first attempt at this type of printmaking. I wet the fabric first, painted it with Setacolor paints mixing as I wanted special colors. I only had Yellow , Fuchsia, Turquoise that I mixed all color from. It was an experiment to know how much I wanted to dilute the colors or not.
So wet, the cloth, paint it with color, arrange objects to be printed and then let the cloth sit in the sun for an hour or until dry. I hope to try again tomorrow as all week it has been a lovely shade of rainy gray. I will post the finished pieces next.
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Friday, September 3, 2010
Hooray for the Everyday! Cased from Ali Edwards blog.
Hooray for the churning dishwasher better it than me!
Hooray for the cold front that passed through. for the hurricane that is pushed out to sea.
Hooray for the quiet of the house.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Well I see that now I posted these photos the bottom one is not as clear as it appeared. This is a Frenchy bag from an Amy Butler pattern. I used this cool Hand fabric that I found for the main portion. Inside it is lined, has 2 pockets and a magnetic closure. Although my time from starting it to finishing it was long, it was because I could not get back to it, not because it was difficult to do. you do need sew in interfacing to give it body. The sewing construction is pretty straight forward and the pattern easy to read.