Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In color Quilt


This is my "In Color" quilt featuring my renditions of the Stampin Up In colors
Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Soft Suede, Rich Razzelberry, Bermuda Bay
I choose Soft Suede for my Neutral.
My friend and I exchanged all the other colors.
The flower Petals were cut with the Big Shot from Stampin UP
The original Idea for this is from Jill Olson a Demonstrator in Utah via my friend.
It is not finished as all the Flowers need centers still plus quilting, binding etc..
For the flowers I used a simple glu stick to hold them in place- just a touch is all that was needed. I sewed about 1/4 inch in form the edge which will give it when washed a rough edge, hence raw edge applique it is called as a technique.

1 comment:

ren said...

This is very pretty! And a perfect antidote for winter's grey days. I want one :)