Monday, July 9, 2012

People, Wonderful People



I work with public daily.  I meet close to a dozen new people daily plus or minus.  It never ceases to amaze me the wide variety of people out there.   There are those that are a pure delight  to meet and work with on a regular basis and then there are others that really try ones patience.   Those that make you laugh , those that clearly need lots of help, those that you wonder what life has been like for them, those that have been to Nepal and other great reaches of the Earth, and those that have never left the town they live in much less the state or country.  I was thinking about the Barbara Streisand song, "People who need People . . . .are the luckiest people in the world . . . "   I was also thinking about How little we truly know of others and the journeys that they may be on.  Are they safe?  Do they have enough food and drink, a house over their head?  What do we really know?  Then I hope and wonder that I have raised my children to be kind to others no matter what?  The people we meet and the relationships we build are the cornerstones of Life.  Some will become passing friendships and some will be for life and beyond.  I like what John Mayer has to say below. I will be musing on that for the week.  Are you a box of 64 or a box of 8?  I need inchworm green,electric lime, and dandelion yellow, What colors do you need?


4 comments:

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Great post, Carol. Now I'll be pondering. I can make a painting with eight colors but I so love variety ... Love living where the water is always moving, where there are many states represented on license plates, where the season change - even if very slowly.... Think I go for 64 colors :)

Quiltin' Mama said...

I know that I am a 64 girl! I think you are in my neck of the woods right now?? Have you ever been to Linwood Gardens? http://www.linwoodgardens.org/Workshops.html When i saw there brochure this spring- I thought of you . . . .

Quiltin' Mama said...

I know that I am a 64 girl! I think you are in my neck of the woods right now?? Have you ever been to Linwood Gardens? http://www.linwoodgardens.org/Workshops.html When i saw there brochure this spring- I thought of you . . . .

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Yes, was in NY but now home as of 11pm last night. Long ride. I've always wanted to go to Linwood. Even better... be one of their workshop teachers :) Maybe next year!