Sunday, January 13, 2013

Life 101 . . .

You are not called to be a canary in a cage.  You are called to be an eagle and to fly sun to sun, over continents.    ~Henry Ward Beecher


I saw this quote and thought a lot about it. What are we called to do? ( Fly like a Canary or Eagle?)  Don't we all ponder that through our lives? Don't we all hear that we can be more than what we are?  Then we get frustrated that just being who we are and what we are is not enough.

 I do believe that we should all aim high, that we all have great potential if we only apply ourselves, but on the other hand there are times when we should just be satisfied with who we are, doing what we are doing.  Did I have aspirations to do things greater than I am now? sure, but am I satisfied with what I am doing right now?- you bet. The path we take will twist and turn, be flexible, enjoy the scenery, we only take one walk through this world, lets make it a great one.  

What do you think? What do you believe?

No comments: