Sunday, February 10, 2013

Life 101. . . . .

Be Prepared.
It's better to have it and not need it, 
than to need it and not have it.
~ Elizabeth Ann Nolan



Well I am not sure why the bottom picture would not rotate but I did try. 
Living in a house of Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts and married to the Scoutmaster of local troop we live day and night with the Motto- "Be Prepared".  I am sure it means different things to different people.  Certainly on this hike one can see just on the outside of the backpack is water, hand sanitizer and Leave no Trace guide but I know inside is trail-mix, sunscreen and bug spray, raincoat and a myriad of other small items.   Certainly different situations require different levels of preparedness.
I grew up driving over an hour to grandparents.  We went almost every weekend or so it seemed.  During the winter months we never went without water, hats, gloves, boots, snacks, blanket, shovel in the car-" just in case".
It was and is just part of life. 
 When I go away for a creative weekend- the list might have these types of basics but also project specifics like needles, scissors, light, thread, adhesive, paint or ink, depends on what I am doing.  I can tell you the last time I went away - I totally forgot pins and it was a weekend of sewing . . . .I don't think that will happen again. 
So I hope no one was stranded in Blizzard 2013 and I hope that every one will think about being prepared for the every day ( work/ school and the not so everyday trips), it takes time but it is worth it.

No comments: