Friday, February 6, 2015

International Post Card Swap Jan. 2015 - the sent cards




So every year for a while I have participated in 2 different International  Mixed Media Post Card Swaps.  This one  right now is through Shannon Ganshorn from Musings on Reality    from Canada
These are the postcards that I made to send out.   I send out 10 and in return I receive 10.  I will show what I have received  so far over  the weekend.

                 It always seems that what I envision making and what I actually make are 2 very different things.  In the end what I make is similar to what I make other years-  First I start with a Masterboard, that I add base layers of paint to, maybe collage some papers onto it, add some stamps, at some point I cut it up into  4x6 size cards and then add more to them individually.   I started with acrylic paints light teal, dark teal and a salmon color.  Then later I used Pan Pastel in a mustard yellow that really brought warmth and tied it all together.  I also used some Liquid Pearls by Ranger that make a few things pop and some glitter Modge Podge which was because I could not find the plain Modge Podge.   I added a quote that spoke to me at that moment.  Then address them, write a note and stamps and out to the mailbox on the Tundra - that is what it looks like right now.   The last 2 have magazine cuttings from Swansons Broth ad/   " Why do I cook?"   So maybe you will want to try this some day, lots of fun and lots of good mail days!

No comments: