Friday, September 4, 2009

Love the Ordinary






"Normal Day, Let me be Aware
of the Treasure you are.
Let me learn from you, love you,
Bless you before you depart.
Let me not pass you by in the
quest of some rare and
perfect tomorrow.
"
-Mary Jean Irion





How do we define Ordinary? Perhaps this is individual, perhaps not. I believe it is the simple everyday things we take for granted that are ordinary and in times of stress become extraordinary.How many times has someone heard me complain about laundry? . . . . until the day I cannot do it because of family crisis or injury. It is during those times that we are thankful for the ordinary for the health to do the simple things to take pleasure in them. For it is in doing the ordinary and being at peace with it that the extraordinary can happen. Take time to enjoy your ordinary.

What are your Ordinary's?
Laundry, doing dishes, moving shoes from the entry way, pet care, vacuuming. watering plants, making food, self care, reading to kids, . . .the list could go on and on Be thankful for the ordinary in your today.


1 comment:

~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak Karamu reading and love Mama