Saturday, February 12, 2011

Where I have been . . .#1




Nashville Tennessee about a month ago. My conference was at the Gaylord Opryland resort and convention center which was in the process of taking down Christmas decorations and it was gorgeous. This was my second time there. It has 4.5 acres of indoor conservatory, just gorgeous. It was flooded last spring May 2010 by the Cumberland River and closed for about 6 mos. you would never know it today. I talked with a Gardener to understand how the water affected all the plants. He also told me they have 14 indoor gardeners and 14 for the outdoor grounds. They had more than a 1000 Poinsettia's in all the plantings, truly striking. We did get a chance to take a tour of Nashville and saw many of the recording studios- all very modest buildings. A stop at the Ryman Auditorium- home to Grand Ol Oprey and a stop at the Country Music Hall of Fame. The building is spectacular- if you stand back from it, it looks like a Piano keyboard and this picture does not do it justice.

2 comments:

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Ooo! My lady would have loved to tour that greenhouse!

Quiltin' Mama said...

Yes, the Conservatories are totally awesome, I spent as much time as I could there. Plenty for you to nibble on. Lots of waterfalls too!