Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Why do I drink Tea?

Oh my goodness the list could be so long. . . I was thinking of this as I received some bad news of the death of a friends husband . . unexpected as it usually is.  My next thought was time to have tea. Tea quiets us, makes us slow down, to pause to think  things through , to pray for others, Tea is the great equalizer, it is enjoyed and served in most all parts of the world.
  
 Let me count the ways . . .
          I like tea:
  • when it is cold out
  • when I am tired
  • when I need to think
  • When I am frustrated and anxious
  • when I am angry
  • when I want to be creative
  • when curled up with a good book
  • when it is cold and snowy out
  • with fresh bread
  • with breakfast
  • with dessert
  • first thing in the morning
  • when writing
Pretty much all the time. 

I like all kinds of tea - Earl Grey, Jasmine Green, Lemon, Herbal teas, White peach, blends, I am not to picky when it comes to tea.  I do not like it really hot and I do not add any thing to it.   In the spring we make Maple tea, with hot sap water and a black tea bag.

.Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world next to water, and can be found in almost 80% of all U.S. households. It is the only beverage commonly served hot or iced, anytime, anywhere, for any occasion. On any given day, nearly 127 million people, or half of all Americans are drinking tea.

 “There is something in the nature of tea that leads us into a world of quiet contemplation of life.”
Lin Yutang

2 comments:

Kelly Warren said...

I'm a Southern sweet iced tea girl myself. I'll drink hot tea when I'm cold, but again, I live in Florida. :-)

Quiltin' Mama said...

Yes, I imagine the draw for a hot beverage is not high but I love Ice tea as well, that is what happens to the hot tea that I do not drink. :)