Sunday, February 2, 2014

Snow Rollers





      I apologize for the poor quality photos.  These occurred on 1/27-28 2014 and at first I thought that it was globs of snow from branches on the trees or on the wires.  As I traveled around i saw more of them but they were not every where. Near where I lived had them but like 5 miles north - there were none.  The weather world calls them Snow Rollers.  Honestly I got up to go to work and the ground looked like we had been transported to some outer-space land.  It was the weirdest thing to look at.  In the early hours of the morning we had, had very gusty strong winds which I guess coupled with new sow on top of icy snow gave us these mysterious Snow Rollers.   We did no get to taking pictures until the next day and then it was late in the day so that is why the quality is so poor. My first snow rollers in living in the Northeast for 50 years.

 These are stock photos from Goggle that are a bit brighter and more clear.







No comments: