Sunday, September 14, 2014

Baby Quilt #1 of Three . . .

Missing just 2 pink blocks, have 2 extra blue Blocks . . .

The planning . . .

1/2 square Triangles - my favorite.


So, I am making 3 baby Quilts for November and trying to get ahead of the game a little before I start this new job next Monday . . . . This is one, I just love 1/2 square triangles as they go together very easily and have many possibilities.  You layer2 squares then draw a line or make a crease down the center of one.  Then you sew a 1/4 inch on either side of  the line and cut down the middle- press them and you have 2 half square triangles.   I do not know if it is a girl or a boy so trying for a gender neutral quilt.  The mom to be likes whales- which are primarily blue . . . also Flamingos and found some on a bright turquoise so there are both of those.

1 comment:

Nellie said...

You are doing such a nice thing for that baby! I've never tried quilting. I doubt I'd have the needed patience.