Friday, January 3, 2014

Cookies 2013

Put into a Church Auction

For a Bridal Shower

Chocolate Crackle Cookie on my Husbands Birthday!

Part of a Tray for Robotics Saturday Lunch









      Well I have to say that I have always liked to bake cookies.  I am not sure if it is the taste or the size or the pretty factor but something really intrigues me.  To get such flavor out of something so small?  May be that is it. Some Christmas Seasons I bake more than others. Since I had several events to take cookies to , I baked quite a bit  this season but I still did not get made all the kinds that the family wanted.  Some of what I did make are as follows:
  • Anise sugar cookie cutouts - family German recipe
  • Gingerbread cutouts with lemon icing - recipe from my friends Grandma in Minnesota
  • Jan Hagels - Dutch cookie from Jr. League of Holland Michigan
  • Pecan Butter Balls- new this year from a book I read
  • Oatmeal Chocolate Chip - Chestnut Hill Original
  • Spritz
  • Jammy Dodgers - Tea Cookbook
  • Almond Bars- new this year- the yummiest from a woman in Lockport NY
  • Peanut Butter Blossoms
  • Snicker-doodles - award winning from my friend Missy
  • Plain Sugar cookie cutouts
  • Buttermilk cutouts- new from friends MIL
  • Chocolate Crackle Cookie- Martha Stewart cookbook
  •  Easy Fudge -
  • Peanut Clusters
  • Cris Cross Jelly Squares - from Sophie-  one of my mom's best Friends
Do you have a favorite Cookie that you like to make?  Does it have a story?
 I make the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies the most often in a year and I really wonder just how many batches I make.  I bet in a year I make 50-75 batches - that would be 100-150 dozen  or 1200 - 1800 cookies - just of that kind.   I am not sure if my Math is quite right or not.  The next most popular is a Ginger cookie. So bake on . . .

PS- I know . . . that's a lot of cookies . . . please realize they go to church, to scouts, to school, to PTA, to Robotics, to neighbors, to stampers, to Quilt Guild,  to worksites, they do not all stay or are consumed in our house by any means.

No comments: