Chocolate Eclair Cake
1/2 cup butter ( I used margerine)
1 cup all purpose Flour
4 large eggs ( room temp for more rise)
1 8 ounce package cream cheese ( I used 1/3 fat)
1 large box vanilla instant pudding (5 .1 ounce)
3 cups milk ( FF Lactaid used and was just fine)
1- 8 oz. container lite cool whip - enough for a thin layer- you will not use it all
Hersheys chocolate syrup- in the squirt bottle
- .Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 glass pan.
- For the crust: In medium pan melt butter in water and bring to boil, stir in flour - this will get very thick. Mix in one egg at a time, mixing completely before adding another egg, When fully mixed spread into pan. Use a spatula to bring the dough up the sides of the dish. This will make for nice edges when you fill it. If pan is to well greased it will be hard for batter to stick up the sides.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. You may want to check now and then . Remove from the oven and let cool. You do not need to worry about large bubble areas.
- For the Filling- using softened cream cheese whip it in an electric mixer. In a separate bowl make the vanilla pudding and place it in the refrigerator. When the pudding is thick slowly add it to the cream cheese mixing very well. The pudding will be clear but as soon as it is mixed with the cream cheese it will turn pale yellow and yummy looking. There should be no lumps in it. When crust is completely cool - you may spread the filling on it. Keep the filling refrigerated until the crust is completely cooled. Then you can spread the filling on the crust, followed by the thin layer of coolwhip.
- I would wait until you are ready to serve it to put the chocolate syrup on it. when put on to early it spreads and can make a pool like topping.