Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Birthday Muse's


Some People try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Will Rogers


Well this is the beauty that we will be salivating over tonight. It is a Flourless Chocolate Cake which you can find the recipe if you follow the attached link to everyone's favorite baker King Arthur! My sweet husband has made this for me during a very hectic week. You see it is Pinewood Derby week in Cub Scouts and his Den is in charge of the Race. They have to have practices every night and the race is on Friday. Yoda made a James Bond 007 car this year, will post some on that later.

Birthdays - you can love them or hate them. I usually don't mind them, they come more often than I would like them too!! My favorite way to celebrate though is to do things that I like and not things I don't - ie sort socks . . . I don't need a lot of hoopla, parties and people. Quiet is ok. This morning there was a lot of hustle and bustle with all the boys. They did chores, made lunches and breakfast- Cherry swirl coffee cake, oranges hot tea, all before the 7 am Bus- it was very nice. I not only have traveled unpaved roads- I have hit a few potholes!! it is through experience that we learn best- learn by doing and it is through adversity that we really stretch and grow, so the road is not always easy and often long but hopefully the destination at the end is well worth the bumpy ride. Have a great day!! I will.

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

love love love that quote.
happy birthday... hope your day is/was filled with TONS of joy.... and all the days after, too.

the cake looks fabulous.
cheers!