Thursday, February 11, 2010

Walking Quotes




Walking: One asks what I do to relieve stress- have a lot of that these days . . . . the answer is simple, I walk. ( well eat too:) )






If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk. ~Raymond Inmon


A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White


Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow. ~Henry David Thoreau

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir


Thoughts come clearly while one walks. ~Thomas Mann


In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. ~John Muir


Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness. I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it. ~Soren Kierkegaard

No comments: