Monday, February 22, 2010
So these are the Postcards I did for the PostCard swap sponsored by iHanna
I started with a large piece of posterboard that I treated like a "Masterboard" I applied watercolor, acrylics, decoupaged some pattern tissues and magazine cut outs. I then cut it up into individual 4-6 cards and started to individually create. Some I Punched out the painted area so that part of the postcard I mounted them on showed through. I stamped on them with Stazon ink, applied more paint and custom decoupaged more items on them. Finally I used my sewing machine to stitch each painted card to an old Postcard. I bought like 100 for 1.00 at a garage sale in the fall.
Sorry this last photo is vertical when it should be horizontal. Hopefully you can still get an idea of what the postcards looked like.
I totally loved doing this. I have received 6 postcards so far and I will post them next. They are from both the USA and Norway, Great Britain so far. I would definitely do this again.