Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Little Journal Snippets . . .




Saturday Night after a picnic in the Park we came home and our favorite show was not on
( Bones) so we popped in this DVD From Art Journaling to ART we got it from Interweave Press I believe and you can get it as a DVD or a down load. Any way it totally inspired my daughter to get out her paints again. She did a second Tulip later on and thought it was much better- I'll have to post it soon. The DVD was very well done. It reminded me of class from Pam at Creating Nature Journals but there are definite differences between the artists as well. My daughter had a hard time getting used to a Niji waterbrush - which I totally love but I think the one she had , had to large of a brush end on it for her. The other interesting thing to me - was that in school she was taught that a good composition must touch 3 sides of the page, for me I think I might find that a bit restrictive at times. Learning. . . it is all good, good to learn new things and to contemplate old. Enjoyed the sitting and focusing on one thing - even if only for a short time. Looking forward to viewing some other Creative DVD's. We'll be checking out what the Library system has in it. Looking like a dreary day in Western NY - good day to plant in the garden!!



A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Flight to Arras, 1942

No comments: