Sunday, May 15, 2011

Trees





It is difficult to realize how great a part of all that is cheerful and delightful in the recollections of our own life is associated with trees. ~Wilson Flagg


I can't imagine living without trees. It is always so different to be somewhere without them. I spent several weeks years ago in Iceland- no natural trees- only a few imports in the city. Just rocks and moorlands and moss and sod, glacier too. Such a different feeling. I suppose if I grew up with Cacti and then went somewhere without them I might feel the same. I hope that there are trees wherever you go/ live. These Trees are nearby where we were hiking, but we have many here at home that are large and old and dear.

2 comments:

IsobelleGoLightly said...

My lady loves trees too! This time of year they are so pretty with that delicate green!

Quiltin' Mama said...

I think I like this time of year even better than Fall, Erik does not agree. The light green I love the best. The maples in flower this year were so lovely and for so long! The view from our front yard is perfect with all shades of green white and brown, burgundy, just love it. I am sure you love it when all the grasses start to grow and you can munch on them ! ( trees at Dryer Rd, park)