Friday, May 6, 2011

Yo-Yo's for Mom's





This is a simple project that I am working on . First I embroidered the stem and leaves on a Piece of Muslin. Then I cut out Circles for the Yo-Yo's I did this with my Big Shot Die Cut Machine. Next I did a running stitch around the circles and pull the stitches to gather the yo-yo. Then I add the yo -yo to the stem by way of stitching the button to the yo-yo to the backing. Putting right sides together and machine stitching around 3 sides. Turn it inside out so right sides are not facing out. Next I added dried Lavender about 1/2 full and stitched the remaining side. Lastly is using Embroidery Floss to do the Blanket stitch around the Perimeter of the small sachet. The very top photo I added the Flower yo- yo to a 6x6 painted panel that I had. These are quick although I made about 15 so it has taken me some time. I did each stage all at one time. This is an easy project for Teens. Self Threading needles are a help if threading is an issue.

No comments: