Monday, January 5, 2009

Boy Scout Banter




1/6/09

This photo is from Lake Durant, in the Adirondacks in October 2008 I need to see it to remember that it is a lot about these moments of Natural Beauty and thoughtful reflection. I did not go on this campout but when I saw this picture - wow it is one in a million. So these are the moments that make all the other work worth it. I am the Troop Committee Chair which leaves me responsible for most of the adults and overseeing all the training, $$, etc.. for the most part one could say the Troop runs itself and then there is all the policy writing, communication meetings etc.. tonight is a recruitment night needing a lot of work to happen adn most of it at the last minute.


"The days come and go. . .but they say nothing,and if we do not use the gifts they bring, they carry them silently away." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today I use my gifts of scrapbooking, photography, cooking, organization and laundry!

No comments: