Thursday, October 7, 2010

Choices

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more then our abilities"
Joanne Kathleen Rowling

Every day we are faced with oh so many choices . . . .. What time to get up, what to wear, what to eat, what roads to drive on to get where we need to go. What do we say . . . . How do we respond to different situations? How do we style our hair today . . . it is no wonder that we are stressed much of the time. What influences the choices we make? I believe that our values and beliefs influence our choices. If we are responsible, caring, loving of the out doors than our choices will be different than others who are not say responsible. If attention to detail is important - how will that influence our choices? If we love and value the outdoors what impact does that have? Growing up I was a Girl Scout, well I still am a GS but the Girl Scout Laws have heavily influenced Choices that I have made.
GSUSA- Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be
honest and fair
Friendly and helpful
considerate and caring
Courageous and strong and
responsible for what i say and do,
and to
respect my self and others
respect authority
use resources wisely

make the world a better place
and
be a sister to every other girl scout.

This is what still guides me. I struggle with how to mange my time. Who and what gets my time? What is most important that guides how my time is spent?
The Girl Scout Law certainly influences the choices I make.
What/ Who influences your choices?



No comments: