Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Intentional


















Take Nothing for Granted.
Perform every act in Life as though it were your last.

~ Marcus Aurelius


What does it mean to be intentional, how often do we use that word or better yet live that word? Are you intentional in your buying habits? Are you intentional in your clothes selection for the day?
Are we intentional in how we spend our time?

Defined by Websters:

Intentional

In*ten"tion*al\, a. [Cf. F. intentionnel.] Done by intention or design; intended; designed; as, the act was intentional, not accidental.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

When something bad happens how often do we automatically think it is intentional vs. just an accident.

In our home we talk a lot about this. I choose to live the best I can by intention. Choosing carefully what and how I spend my time and allowing for the spontaneous to occur when it does. I try to get my children to understand the difference between accidental and intentional, it is harder than you would think. They always lean for intentional when 9/10 times it is truly accidental.
Intentional is really a word that you can own. I intend to . . . . . I will intentionally . . . . .
Being Intentional is important. As the quote says Perform every act as if it were your last, in otherwards "Do your Best" as the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts would say. Life is short, we need to make all the days count, making good choices and living intentionally is certainly a good way to get started.

No comments: